Friday, December 12, 2008

going down to Mexico city with visions in my head

LI arrived in Mexico City yesterday, after the horror of waking up at five - an hour when I am particularly averse to surrendering to the alarm clock´s diktat, as my erotic dream managers are just putting up the outerworks - the sauna, the classroom, the office, or perhaps my Grandparent´s dinnertable - for the exciting main attraction. Which I hope involves me - I do so hate dreaming about other people having sex. Anyway, at a certain point between 5 and 6, when the cab picked me up, I did or did not turn on the stove, to warm my apartment. I´ve had alarmed flashes of the stove being on, and even got a friend to go by the place so I can get the number of the management company and call them to check.

This might simply be myself wallowing in my fundamental funk. But burning out the stove´s heater would be no joke.

Anyway, I get a taxi, after going through the usual languages - English, my version of spanish, and gibberish - to explain the layout of Polanco, which you would think would not be mysterious to people who drive taxis around Mexico City. Although, granted, it is not a place that a taxi drive would live, since you would have to make about six time the taxi driver´s salary to rent an outhouse here. And as we plunged into what proved to be one of Mexico City´s banner traffic days, gridlock up your ass as far as you can see, the taxi driver pointed out the people on the sidewalk, clumps of them, carrying pictures of the sweet but remote virgin. It is the Virgin of Guadalupe´s day. They are walking to the basilica downtown. It is a long walk - twenty miles at least. Although, given the state of the traffic, I´d bet that a few made it to their destination before I made it to mine.

Later, my friend M. tells me her housekeeper took off to go on a running pilgrimage to Veracruz - the pilgrims are taken on a bus, dropped off at a spot, run for a certain distance, then are picked up by the bus and taken a little further and the process is repeated.

4 comments:

  1. hey, biggest full moon friday (MO Gem 21°2’, SU Sag 21°2’). another one 10-Jan (MO Can 21°15’, SU Cap 21°15’).

    ReplyDelete
  2. AQ 1846 = TWO DISTINCE MO'HIN COME TO Z'A: DIRECTIVE FORCES OF IMAH ARRIVE FIRST, AND THEN THE DIRECTIVE FORCES OF ABAH, SECOND (AQ-277 KABBALAH CONCEPTS) = XVIII OF CLAIRVOYANCE: AND OF THE BODY OF LIGHT, ITS POWERS AND ITS DEVELOPMENT. ALSO CONCERNING DIVINATIONS.

    AQ 286 = MEXICAN PHOENIX (D. A. Brading - 2002; AQ-653 MEXICAN PHOENIX: OUR LADY OF GUADALUPE) = THE PERFECT TONE (AQ-240 THE TWO LANDS, AQ-260 THE NINE REALMS).

    AQ 1792 = WAS NOT THE PRESENCE OF THE VIRGIN AT TEPEYAC SYMBOL OF THE EVER-WESTWARD MOVEMENT OF THE CATHOLIC FAITH? = IT IS AN ACTION THAT REQUIRES A SPECTATOR, SIMILARLY TO THE SPECTACLE OF THE FRENCH REVOLUTION FOR KANT (AQ-167 AB'S NOTES).

    AQ 291 = CHALCHIUHCIHUATL = THE DOUBLE CROWN = THE URRT CROWN.

    AQ 274 = BRINGER OF MAIZE = LORD OF THE DIADEM = WHITE-FIRE DIADEM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AQ 1206 = THOU SENDEST OUT LIGHT, THOU RISEST WITH [THY] TWO BEAUTIFUL EYES = I DRANK AND DANCED ALL NIGHT WITH DOUBT AND FOUND HER A VIRGIN IN THE MORNING.

    AQ 1389 = GEOMETRY STUDIES TRANSFORMATIONS OF SPACE, AND THESE CURVES ARISE AS A RESULT = THE DOUBLE CROWN IS STABLISHED ON THY HEAD. THY LOVE PASSETH THROUGHOUT EGYPT.

    AQ 707 π = CATALOGUS NOVUS STELLARUM DUPLICIUM = THE DOUBLE CROWN IS STABLISHED ON THY HEAD = THE ROOT OF THE POWERS OF FIRE ~ ACE OF WANDS = THE RITUAL OF THE CONCOURSE OF THE FORCES.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AQ 352 π = 11-JAN-09 FULL MOON @ 03:26:459939 UT [+] = BUT TO BRING A SWORD = THE EVOLVING DESIRE = WAND OF DOUBLE POWER.

    ReplyDelete